New Medicare Scedule
Child Dental Benefit Schedule
What is it?
The Child Dental Benefit Schedule (CDBS) is a Medicare Scheme that has been introduced January 2014 to replace the Teen Dental Vouchers.
Who is eligible?
Eligible families, teenagers and approved care organisations, for each calendar year, will receive a letter to confirm eligibility from Medicare.
The eligibility criteria are listed below
- Children who are aged between 2-17 years old
- Hold a valid Medicare card
- Are part of a family receiving Family Tax Benefit Part A or one of the following Australian Government payments:
- Youth Allowance, ABSTUDY, Disability Support Pension, Parenting Payment, Special Benefit, Carer Payment, Double Orphan Pension, Veteran’s Children Education Scheme (if the child is 16 or over), Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme (if the child is 16 or over)
What are the Benefits for 2014?
- Up to $1000 per child for 2 calendar years for basic dental services
- Any unused benefit cannot be claimed after the 2 calendar years
- Services covered include examinations, x-rays, cleanings, fissure seals, fillings, root canal treatment and extractions
- Services NOT covered include orthodontic treatment, cosmetic work and any treatment performed in a hospital
What are the Costs?
Here at Queen Street Dental we are very happy to Bulk Bill treatment provided under the CDBS up to the $1000 cap. This means as long as your child has funds remaining from the CDBS there is no out of pocket cost to you.
If treatment required exceeds the benefits payable under the schedule, standard fees will apply. Any fees will be discussed with you prior to treatment.
For further information please feel free to contact us:
Queen Street Dental
11 Queen Street, Croydon, SA
(08) 8346 1587
Or visit the Medicare website at: